- 8 pork chops
- 1 bag of frozen peaches (They were not any fresh peaches at the store)
- 2 tbsp sugar free applesauce
- 1/4 c raw brown sugar
- 1 c coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple whiskey (optional, and safe for children the alcohol burns out)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and pepper
1. Prepare peach glaze. In a large skillet pour in 1.5 c of peaches, brown sugar, coconut milk, honey, cinnamon and applesauce. Mix together. Put on low heat, with a lid, and cook for 20 minutes
2. Let glaze cool
3. Lay pork chops in a large gallon bag, and pour glaze over the top. Tightly seal bag, move bag around with hands to spread the glaze all over the pork chops.
4. Place gallon bag in fridge, and let it marinate the pork chops for 3 hours.
5. When ready to start cooking, heat large skillet, and place coconut oil in to let melt.
6. Sprinkle with a little sea salt, and pepper
7. Carefully place pork chops in skillet, cook for 5 minutes, and flip over cooking for an additional 3 minutes. Be careful not to overcook, they cook pretty fast.
8. Turn heat on low, and pour whiskey and glaze from bag in skillet. (if you have any peach slices left, you can add more)
9. Cook for 3-5 more minutes and turn heat off and let it rest for 5 minutes. If you have a skillet that can, place it in the oven instead to bake for 5 minutes on 400'
10. Serve pork chops with peaches and glaze poured over.
Click the link for the salad recipe